For purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), CLOUDGATE is both a data controller and processor of personal information collected by it via our website www.cloudgate.ie including our product websites(i.,e www.eagleinsight.io )
What is Personal Information?
As used in this policy, "personal information" means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to identify an individual. When we combine any non-personal information with personal information (e.g., technical information, such as the type of browser or operating system that you use), we treat the combined information as personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
- Personal Information You Provide To Us
- CLOUDGATE may collect certain personal information when someone voluntarily sends a direct mail inquiry, an email or online registration, registers to download documents from the Sites, participates in seminars or webinars, requests Company information at trade shows, applies for a job via the Sites, requests information, or purchases goods or services, via the Sites (including www.eagleinsight.io ). Examples of such personal information include, but are not limited to, individual names, telephone numbers, email addresses, company name, mailing address, account username and password, job title and financial information such as a credit or debit card number. If you apply for a job via the Sites, we may also collect personal information via your resume or any cover letter you choose to upload, or via any social media profile to which you elect to provide access. We process personal information you provide to us either in connection with our legitimate business interests, or to the extent necessary for performance of a contract with you, your company, or our customer.
- Personal Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
- CLOUDGATE may collect certain information, including personal information, automatically from visitors to its Sites, and those of its subsidiaries, including the IP address, time visited, pages viewed and related information. When you visit the Sites, open emails from CLOUDGATE, use its apps or interact with its related tools, widgets or plug-ins, CLOUDGATE may collect certain information by automated means, such as through cookies, web beacons, local storage, scripts, pixels and web server logs. The information collected in this manner may include your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on the Sites, dates and times of Site visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. CLOUDGATE uses Google Analytics to help analyze the traffic on the Sites. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of personal information, please see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google Analytics by using the following Google provided browser plugin https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/. We process personal information collected through cookies or similar technologies either in connection with our legitimate business interests in operating the Sites, performing the services, or operating our business, or otherwise to the extent you have agreed that we may do so.
- Mobile Applications
- When you download and use our mobile applications, we may automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system and version and system and performance information. We collect this information to help us measure app usage and better understand user demographics and event attendance. With your consent, we may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. We process personal information collected via our mobile applications in connection with our legitimate business interests in operating the Sites, performing the services, or operating our business, or otherwise to the extent you have agreed that we may do so.
- Personal Information Collected Through Use of Our Services
- CLOUDGATE may collect certain personal information that is provided in the course of the use of our services. This includes personal information contained in semi-structured and unstructured data hidden in electronic documents, images and emails provided by our customers when using our services. This data will be processed for the purposes of operating our Sites and providing our services. We also use this data for our internal training and quality purposes, and to enhance, research and analyze our service offerings and models. Examples of such personal information include, but are not limited to, individual names, telephone numbers, email addresses, job titles and contact information contained in invoices or emails. Personal information may relate to our customer’s employees, contractors or their customers or service providers. The legal basis for processing this personal information is (i) our legitimate interests, namely performing our services, or monitoring and improving our Sites and services, or (ii) necessity for performance of a contract between you, your company or our customer, and us.
Uses of Personal Information
CLOUDGATE uses your personal information to monitor the performance and improve the quality of its Sites, respond to requests about the Company and its business, provide information about products and services, fulfill customer requests, and for other business purposes and/or to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations. With your consent, CLOUDGATE may also use your personal information to send you information about its other products and services and for other specified marketing purposes. Unless we obtain your consent to processing of your personal information, CLOUDGATE processes your personal information either for performance of a contract with you or in circumstances where it has a legitimate interest to do so.
CLOUDGATE may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (a) customizing user visits to the Sites, (b) delivering content tailored to users' interests and the manner in which our users browse the Sites, and (c) managing the Sites and other aspects of its business.
You can change your cookies settings in your browser, however please note that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Sites. For more information about the cookies we use on the Sites, please click here.
Sharing of Personal Information
CLOUDGATE may also share your information with its third-party agents who may be acting on its behalf and pursuant to its instructions to assist in our business activities, including, for example, providing notice of an upcoming webinar or tradeshow that may be of interest to the target audience, providing customer service, payment processing or providing storage services.
CLOUDGATE may disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law or court order, to enforce or apply its Terms or if it believes in good faith that such release is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of its company, customers, affiliates or others.
CLOUDGATE also may share or transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with the sale, transfer, acquisition, merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change or ownership or control by CLOUDGATE or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part). When one of these events occurs, CLOUDGATE will use reasonable efforts to notify users before their personal information is transferred or becomes subject to different privacy practices.
CLOUDGATE sometimes partners with other companies in order to provide their services via a link on the Site, for example, job applications, social media links and live chat. In those circumstances, the third party partners will have access to the personal information you provide to them via their website, and we do not have any control over how they use that personal information. In order to fully understand how your personal information is used by our partners, please carefully review their applicable privacy policies. Except as set forth herein, CLOUDGATE does not share your personal information with any third parties.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, CLOUDGATE will inform individuals of any other intended uses of their personal information at the time such personal information is collected or before such use is implemented including disclosure to third parties.
Data Security and Retention
CLOUDGATE uses reasonable methods to secure all personal information by a variety of methods, including restricting access to such personal information only to those people who have a legitimate need to know in order to discharge their job responsibilities on behalf of CLOUDGATE, securing access to the facility where the personal information is stored and the use of technology and physical controls to secure the personal information. CLOUDGATE is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us as described below.
Security of Personal Information by Third Parties
CLOUDGATE will require that all third parties acting on behalf of CLOUDGATE, and to which personal information is provided, give CLOUDGATE adequate contractual assurances that they will safeguard all such personal information in a manner consistent with this policy.
Children under the Age of 16
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age.
Advertising and Newsletters
To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.aboutads.info/) and mobile application-based "AppChoices" download page (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)'s consumer opt-out page (http://youronlinechoices.eu)
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/).
In the mobile environment, most mobile operating systems offer device-based opt-out choices that are transmitted to companies providing interest-based advertising. To set an opt-out preference for a mobile device identifier (such as Apple's IDFA or Android's GAID), visit the device manufacturer's current choice instructions pages, or read more about sending signals to limit ad tracking for your operating system here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Please note that these settings must be performed on each device (including each web browser on each device) for which you wish to opt-out, and if you clear your cookies or if you use a different browser or device, you will need to renew your opt-out preferences.
We will use your personal information to send you email or newsletters, if you have signed-up to receive them. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you, or at your member profile on our website, or by contacting us as described below. You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any "Contact Us" request as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon an individual’s request, CLOUDGATE will provide reasonable access to any personal information it has about that person. CLOUDGATE will also take reasonable steps to allow such individuals to correct, change, modify or delete any such personal information that is shown to be incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete. You may ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you, or cease processing such personal information, in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to delete or cease processing all of the personal information we hold about you where we have an ongoing relationship with you or where we have a legal basis to retain such personal information.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
When we process personal information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop or restrict processing the personal information we have about you, at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
You may also ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any further information about your rights or how to exercise them, please contact us using the contact information below.
If you are in the European Union, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection authority in your country. We encourage you to first reach out to us at email@example.com.
Territories and Transfers
Personal information collected by CLOUDGATE may be stored and processed in your geographic region, in the United States or in other countries in which CLOUDGATE, or its service providers, maintain facilities or operations. If you are in the European Economic Area, it may be necessary for your personal information to be transferred to, and processed in, other countries including the United States. If we transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to a country or framework not determined by the European Commission and/or the United Kingdom as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information, the transfer will be under an agreement which includes European Union and/or United Kingdom requirements for such transfers, such as standard contractual clauses. The European Commission, and United Kingdom, approved standard contractual clauses are available here.
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
You have certain rights given to you by law, that means you have an amount of control over your personal data that we process.
- Access to Your Personal Data: This right allows you to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to allow you to check if the processing is lawful.
- Correcting Any Mistakes: The right of rectification allows you to instruct an organisation that is processing your personal data, to rectify any mistakes.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to instruct an organisation to erase your personal data.
- Stop Processing: The right to stop the processing of your personal data.
- Moving Data: The right to data portability means that under certain circumstances you will be able to ask for your personal data to be transferred from one organisation to another.
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Object to Profiling: Under certain circumstances, you are able to object to profiling and/or automated decision making.
- Right to complain to the Office of Information Commissioner (OIC): If you are not happy with an aspect of how CLOUDGATE is processing your data, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, which is the OIC. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Before it gets to that situation, please make sure you contact our Data Compliance Officer (Jay Monpara) at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data.